Inchcape Shipping Services traces its origins back to 1847, when two Scottish merchants from Campbeltown, William Mackinnon and Robert Mackenzie, met in Calcutta and formed a general merchanting partnership, Mackinnon Mackenzie & Company (MMC).
Today, the company is one of the largest maritime services providers, with some 240 offices in 60 countries and a team of over 2,700 professional and committed staff.
Our vision: a connected world, in which our customers trade successfully and make better decisions in every port, everywhere.
HR Officer Scandinavia & Baltics
- The office is located in Oslo
- The position is part of a european HR-team
- You will operate in line with and fully adopt to our Workplace Values
- Our new HR Officer in Oslo has experience from international companies
- Your main responsibility will be custodian of HR Employee Administration for Scandinavia and Baltics
- The role includes a wide specter of HR and administration tasks
- HR Officer reports to Head of HR Corporate
Inchcape Shipping Services ISS is growing and hence we are hiring. Our new HR Officer for Scandinavia and Baltics, will play a leading role in handling all HR related tasks. You have relevant HR Administration experience, preferably in a shipping & port services environment. Our new colleague is internationally oriented and fluent in english and comfortable in multiactive environments.
You are able to work in fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. This requires good verbal and written communication skills. As a person you are a self-starter, able to deliver against the necessary tasks agreed, on time and with quality. Our clients and partners depend on a robust and agile ISS team. Hence, excellent work ethics and grounding of discretion and confidentiality is a must.
As HR Offices you are ble to administer employee data. You are knowledged of adminstration policies, processes and tools. The role requires that you can lead HR processes, inspire teams, and ensure governance. HR Officers work close with their peers and managers, including supporting them in their tasks as well. Head of HR Corporate is located in London UK.
See the corporate video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxuk2nbJGc0
- To administer all employee information, record and keep employee files updated
- Implement HR administrative process, and can get things done through coordinating and influence through both face-to-face and virtual team environments
- Hands on, good overview and cabable of chaning – beeing flexible
Duties and responsibilities (in additon to specs already mentioned)
- Ensure employee files are updated and current
- Assist and support Reward & Compensation initiatives
- Assist and support with the Annual Performance process and administration
- Research, analyse, and present HR data as assigned
- Assist in rollout and implementation of HR programmes
- Assist in various HR projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines
- Onboarding/induction process owner (delivery)
- Leaver process incl. references
- Probation process: reminders
- Recruitment support (interview scheduling, LinkedIn job ads)
- Support competency framework roll out
- Mental health first aider, cascading initiatives on wellbeing
- First point of contact for employee enquiries
- Employee relations ER support
Knowledge / Education
- Degree / Diploma in Human Resources Management or related field (Bachelor or Master is preferred)
- Knowledge of administering HR policies, processes and tools and insight about Norwegian labour law
- Knowledge of HR reporting and use of HR systems
- You have at least 2 years experience of suitable HR administration and with in internationally oriented business environments – shipping and port services is preferred but not a basic requirement
Character and personal qualities Role specifics
- Leadership, can lead HR processes, inspire teams, and ensure governance
- Business Acumen, understands how HR can immerse themselves within the company to business partner and add value
- Communication, can confidently convey messaging to all levels of the business
Inchcape’s Clarified Personality
- Assertive, point the way, provide solutions and lead by example
- Articulate, share expertise, knowledge and opinions with passion and precision
- Uncomplicated, smooth and efficient service
Mandatory requirements / QHSSE – Healt, safety, security and environment
- Championing appropriate health, safety, security and environment (HSSE) risk assessments becomes part of the company culture.
- Accountable for the implementation and monitoring of actions that mitigate risk and enhance controls/processes, to ensure that QHSSE of all Inchcape Stakeholders are known and staff/suppliers/crew feel empowered and accountable for their own safety.
- Ensure full compliance with, and implementation of, the Inchcape QHSSE Management System
- Ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to control QHSSE risk
- Accountable for ensuring that clear, appropriate and timely communication channels are put in place to report and manage QHSSE risk
Compliance and ethics commitment / what we expect from our colleagues
- I will ensure that I read, understand and comply with the Inchcape Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and all Inchcape Compliance policies. I commit to avoiding any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of these policies. If there is an element of doubt, I will seek clarification. The term ‘Compliance’ covers all legislation, rules and codes in which the company must adhere to. I commit to speaking up if I become aware of any misconduct within Inchcape.
- I confirm that I will complete any training in relation to Compliance and Ethics and I will continually support and demonstrate the principals laid out in the ISS Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- I understand that a breach of Company policies, a failure to carry out necessary training, or a failure to speak up, may lead to disciplinary action being taken.
We can offer exciting opportunities within a european strong HR team. We are global, international and a work in a matrix structure – we take care of our colleagues to make sure they are included and able to perform.
- Competitive salary and compensation
- Pension and retirement savings plan
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
- Plus, much more
Contact / our recruiting partner: Lead Recruiter Cato Svendsen
Phone: +47 971 14 506
Post also published: https://north-consultants.com/north-consultants/vacant-jobs/